Monday 11 November 2013

Photoshop - Final Piece

First i have taken a photograph of the background which i decided was suitable:
The large amount of space and an empty wall building make it a good background
  1. I've taken a picture of myself on a dark backround, to then cut around it using the selection mask.
  2. Next, i reated a new, transparent layer on the picture of my back-ground image. Then i pasted the picture of me, now without any backround.
  3. With the eraser tool, i removed any remaining background from the old image around me, on the new layer.
  4. I re-sized "myself", to make the image more suitable for the background and make it look more authentic.
  5. With the same method i moved the picture of me, i've moved the image of a train ticket that i have scanned in earlier onto the work.
  6. I re-sized, sotated and re-adjusted the "ticket" to make it my size and with the eraser/brush tool i made it look like i was holding it. 
  7. Using the "burn" tool i added on some shadowing onto the images, more at the bottom considering the light was coming from the top/left corner of the image.  Also, with the dodge tool i increased the amount of light on the top of the figures in the same manner.
  8. I lowered the opacity of the brush tool, and with the colour being set to black i created the shadows on the ground.
  9. I saved the image as a .jpeg to keep the quality at maximum.


The work has been produced in a combination of two artist's styles: The Jackson Twins (using myself as a model) and Jeff Wall (mixing objects/people with backgrounds in which they weren't in the first place.)
I think this work was a success, due to the shadowing and shape/size, making it look authentical but still surreal due to the size of the object.