Tuesday 4 February 2014

Fine art - Tryptich



I created a piece of work made out of 3 different elements, meaning it it a "triptych." The materials i used were: acrylic paint, marker pen, ink on newspaper on wood. The theme of the pop-art was The Hunger Games.

1.

I have decided to do two targets and one line drawing instead of target+collage+line drawing (and use collage in the background)
 This links to the work of Jasper Johns: "Target with four faces" where Johns used collage newsprint on wood, to paint the target over it.

First, i decided on the possible layouts of the final outcome:
I decided the first one will be the best to make, because of the way the targets will be the simillar factors, however the bird will stand out more more on the side. 


2.
I made 3 backgrounds out of collage, using black and white newspaper articles, making sure no colour was included so that the images i was about to make on them would stand out more. 

3.
i drew the outlines of my 2 targets with a pencil. Next I painted them in twodifferent styles of two artists, modified by me slightly:
Inspired by Jim Dine

In the style of Peter Blake

4.
The final image, line-art, was made out of thick, solid lines in the style of Julian Opie (made with a marker pen)
Julian Opie's line-art.


This is the final outcome: